Sunday, August 23, 2009

Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

This video was interesting the way the kids could interact across the world was awesome. I think this is the route education is heading in a hurry. This video shows just how important knowing the newest technology is. The kids on the video were doing things on the computer I wouldn't have dreamed of doing when I was in school. I believe that if i would have taken a class in high school like the one in the video it would have helped me out in the long run. I had a computer class but we learned how to make a power point, write a paper on word, make a spread sheet, the basic computer stuff. It amazed me how more advanced the kids in the video are compared to me at that age I didn't know what an avatar was until about a year ago.
I think Vicki Davis should be commended for the work she has done with these kids. It is very important for the students to learn how to do all of the things on the computer and other devices so they can function five years from now. I remember the first cell phone I got I was sixteen and it was this huge Nokia phone black and white screen no Internet I didn't even know what a text message was, now there is kids that are 10 years old with IPhone 10 years old I'm 23 and I can barely work one and these kids are doing it with ease. Think of going to every classroom rather if be math, science, history, or computer class and there is no pen and paper anymore just a computer on every desk. I think that is where education is headed very quickly too .

1 comment:

  1. Missing the post on "Did You Know". Get it to me by midnight I'll give you full credit.

    Good Post

    ReplyDelete