Monday, August 17, 2009

First Post

Hello I'm Ryan Buzbee I am from Mobile, AL. I am a physical education major at the University of South Alabama. I transferred from Faulkner State Community College. I really enjoy sports I play softball on Tuesday nights and I coach youth football and Theodore Athletic Association. I started coaching football about 5 years ago right after i got out of high school and i love it. I played football threw out high school, and had a chance to play at some smaller colleges and found out that they were private colleges and way too expensive.
I also love the outdoors fishing, hunting, boating I love them all. I fish pretty much every week end during the summer, weather permitting mostly offshore but if it's fishing I'll do it. I live on Dauphin Island which works out great for the fishing though living right by the beach but I never go to the beach.
I plan on graduating with my bachelor degree from south and going to the U.S. Sports Academy to receive my master degree in sports science. My dream is to coach major college football it's going to be a hard road but I will get there one day. I know that I have what it takes to make to the collegiate coaching ranks. I would love to be a head coach but a coordinator will be fine. Looking back I wish I would have taken the offer to play college football because it makes things much easier in the coaching profession to get your foot in the door so to speak. I wish south would have started there football program about six years ago but everything works out for the best. I am very exited about football season this is one of my favorite times of the year.

8 comments:

  1. I am behind you 100%! I can't wait for the season to kick off.

    I also work with the youth as a small group leader at my church and as the Summer children's ministries coordinator. I'm glad to see there are other good guys out there just wanting to help bring out the best in the youth of our area.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I played softball for 14 years and loved every minute of it! And my grandfather coached football at Theodore for forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your blog. Becoming a coach at any level is tough, but you can for sure accomplish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too played softball! I started playing while I was in middle school and then played for my high school team for four years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ryan, nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our family loves fishing too(well my husband does). The girls like to go out in the boat, but they would rather be pulled in the tube than actually fish. My husband says we scare the fish away because we talk to much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading your post. I love softball and to fish also but I have never been offshore fishing!!! Sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like football too. (War Eagle)My daughter cheer at Municipal Park and I was dating a high school football coach. So we did football seven days a week. How awesome is that.

    ReplyDelete